The Vegas™ Pro 11 collection offers an efficient and intuitive environment for professional audio and video production, as well as DVD and Blu-ray Disc™ authoring. This comprehensive suite offers the most robust and progressive platform available for content creation and production. With innovative stereoscopic 3D tools, broad format support, superior video effects processing, unparalleled audio support, and a full complement of editorial features, the Vegas Pro 11 collection delivers everything needed to produce outstanding results. Vegas Pro 11 includes 32- and 64-bit versions of Vegas Pro 11 software, DVD Architect™ Pro 5.2 software, and the Dolby® Digital professional AC-3 encoder.
* New! GPU Accelerated Performance: Take advantage of video processing on the GPU, including video FX, transitions, compositing, pan/crop, and track motion. Vegas Pro 11 supports GPU devices from AMD and NVIDIA.
* New! Streaming Support for rendered AVC/MP4 files: Vegas Pro 11 can now render AVC/MP4 files with streaming support, compatible with most streaming servers.
* New! "Titles & Text" Titler: This new tool allows users to spice up their text with animations and visual effects. The Titles & Text plug-in incorporates many of the options of the ProType Titler, but has an intuitive and easy-to-use interface.
* New! ProType Titler Improvements: Updates to the ProType Titler in Vegas Pro 11 enhance the user experience by offering new Collections capabilities and a simpler timeline interaction.
* New! Improved “Render As” Dialog Box: This modernized dialog box offers a better layout and enhanced search tools, making it easier for Vegas Pro 11 editors to find their most-used render templates and designate them as “favorites.”
* New! Video Stabilization Update: Vegas Pro 11 improves on the stabilization feature in earlier versions by independently analyzing and stabilizing the X, Y, and Z camera axis, providing tremendous precision and incredibly smooth results. The stabilization in Vegas Pro 11 also includes automatic rolling-shutter correction of the jello/skew/wobble effects caused by some CMOS camcorders. For an enhanced user experience, Vegas Pro 11 now integrates the Video Stabilization function into the OFX plug-in architecture.
* New! Sync Link Grouping: Vegas Pro 11 offers the ability to link multiple timeline events, enabling them to stay in sync throughout the editing process.
* New! User Interface Updates: Visual streamlining and clean-up in Vegas Pro 11 Mix Console and other areas of the user interface create a more unified and fluid editing environment.
* New! nVidia 3D Vision Support: Vegas Pro 11 supports nVidia 3D Vision for single-display 3D devices including the VAIO F-series 3D laptop.
* New! Stereoscopic 3D Enhancements: Vegas Pro 11 offers new tools to easily fix stereoscopic 3D screen edge violations. In addition, the newest release also provides the ability to set horizontal offset in some of the traditional 2D FX and transitions, allowing the perceived depth of the effect to be adjusted.
* Precise editing tools: Edit SD or HD video with drag-and-drop functionality, mouse and keyboard trimming, and ripple editing. Features include the ProType Titler, multicamera editing tools, 32-bit floating point video processing, customizable window layouts, color-coded snapping, improved HDV/SDI/XDCAM support, A/V synchronization detection and repair, and auto-frame quantization.
* Broad Format Support: Vegas Pro 11 software natively supports the newest professional camcorder formats including XDCAM EX and RED. Vegas Pro 11 software also includes support for still images greater than one gigapixel in resolution. Use Pan and Scan to create a stunning movie sequence from these large pictures while maintain HD resolution.
* Superior audio control: Vegas software provides the ultimate in audio flexibility, including unlimited tracks, 24-bit/192 kHz audio support, on-the-fly punch-in recording, 5.1 surround mixing, effects automation, and time compress/expand. Apply over 30 customizable, real time audio effects including EQ, Reverb, Delay, and more. Vegas Pro 11 software natively supports VST audio plug-ins—expanding your audio processing and mixing options.
* Efficient, Professional Workflow for 32- and 64-bit systems: The Vegas Pro 11 interface provides a fully customizable workspace for accomplishing a wide range of production requirements. Dock multiple windows across multiple monitors, and save your layouts to fit specific editing tasks; nest Vegas projects within the timeline, customize and save keyboard commands, and use application scripting to automate repetitive tasks. System-wide media management produces maximum efficiency. Network rendering saves time by using multiple computers and networked drive arrays to render complex projects. Vegas Pro software also supports 24p, HD and HDV editing.
* Powerful Blu-ray Disc™ Authoring: Burn movies to Blu-ray Disc directly from the Vegas Pro timeline for high-definition delivery. Use DVD Architect Pro software (included with the Vegas Pro collection) to author DVDs or Blu-ray Disc media with multiple video angles, subtitles, multiple languages, and special features. Preview and test your work in real time. Apply Brightness and Contrast, Auto Levels, Crop, and Anti-Flicker filters. Set CSS and Macrovision® copy-protection flags for masters.
* Stereoscopic 3D Editing: Creating stereoscopic 3D projects is as easy as working with 2D media. With innovative new tools, Vegas Pro 11 provides the ability to import, adjust, edit, preview, and output stereoscopic 3D media in various formats. Delivery formats include single or dual files including side-by-side, top/bottom, or line alternate as well as traditional anaglyphic encoding.
* Closed Captioning Support: Closed captioning support offers broadcast editors a workflow that enables the importing, editing, previewing, and exporting of CEA-608 captioned data in high definition Sony XDCAM MXF material. In addition, Vegas Pro 11 provides CEA-708 uplifting and encoding, Line 21 decode and render support, HD-SDI capture and print, and support for industry closed captioning file types.
* Enhanced Video Plug-In Architecture: The new video effects plug-in architecture, based on the Open Effects Association platform, provides updated and enhanced technology that enables third-party plug-in developers to develop advanced video effect plug-ins more easily and rapidly. Additional plug-ins offer Vegas Pro 11 users hundreds of new effect and special techniques for creating professional-level projects.
* Audio Event FX: Vegas Pro 11 allows editors to assign audio effects at the master output, bus level, track level, and now the event level for greater flexibility when working with multitrack projects.
* Track Grouping: Grouping tracks saves space on the Vegas Pro timeline by collapsing related tracks under a single track header. This is a quick and easy way to organize and manage complex projects by grouping specific sections of video/audio.
* QuickTime AVC Decode: Editors using popular DSLRs that record to QuickTime AVC gain significant improvement in playback performance.
* Full-featured XDCAM workflow: The Vegas Pro 11 workflow for XDCAM and XDCAM EX is extremely intuitive and efficient. Vegas Pro 11 software provides all the tools needed to edit proxy and full resolution HD and SD XDCAM MXF files natively and supports all frame rates and aspect ratios, multichannel audio, EssenceMarks metadata, and all HD and SD XDCAM compression types. Vegas Pro 11 software can natively read all XDCAM EX frame rates and resolutions. The new integrated device explorer lets you preview and import only the files you need for your current project.
* 4K Support: Vegas Pro 11 software natively supports frame sizes up to 4096x4096. The 4K image standard for digital cinema projection is 4096 x 2160 pixels. This level of resolution provides more detail and flexibility to pan and crop. It is ideal for compositing and video effects work, as it provides a high-quality final output.
* · Digital Signage Support: Digital signage support in Vegas Pro 11 software makes it easy to author video for tall signage purposes. To shoot content for these displays, many tripods have a 90-degree camera-tilt option. With Vegas Pro 11 software you can edit in this format with a new "Rotation" setting in the video tab of Project Properties, as well as a "Rotation" setting in the Media Properties dialog (and related rotation commands in the Project Media item context menu). In addition to fast and easy rotation of source media, Vegas Pro 11 software can un-rotate the project output to render to existing widescreen formats, for playback on rotated displays.
* Multicamera Workflow: Edit multicamera productions intuitively and quickly by specifying shots as you watch your project. Switch between as many as 32 video sources with a keyboard command or a click of your mouse. Vegas Pro 11 software keeps all unused shots as alternate takes to make fine-tuning your edits more efficient.
* Sophisticated Lighting Effects: In version 10 are Glint, Rays, Defocus, Starburst, Soft Contrast, and Fill Light. These effects let you simulate the effect of light streaming in from behind your source, create colored highlights, change the focus of your shot and more.
* Enhanced 32-bit Floating Point Video Processing: Work in 8-bit mode for speed, then switch to 32-bit floating point for extra precision during final rendering. This mode allows you to take advantage of greater color range for more vivid colors, reduced gradient banding and posterization for smoother color transitions, linear light capability for optically correct compositing, and many other precision enhancements.
* Comprehensive HDV support: Vegas Pro 11 software includes support for high-performance native HDV M2T playback, and 601/709 color space handling. Experience superior SD downconversion and frame-rate conversion including 24p, and precision upconversion for HD-SDI mastering. Vegas Pro 11 software also has powerful no-recompress technology for faster render times.
* Interactive Tutorials: Vegas Pro 11 software has a comprehensive help system, as well as detailed interactive tutorials that provide walk-through demonstrations of common features and functionality. These tutorials provide an easy step-by-step method of learning the product and the workflow necessary to complete most common tasks.
* 5.1 surround encoder: Officially tested and certified by Dolby Laboratories, Inc., this professional encoding software optimally prepares AC-3 output for surround sound productions on DVD and Blu-ray Disc. Encode 5.1 multichannel or stereo mixes to AC-3 format inside Vegas Pro software.
* Customizable transitions and effects: Vegas Pro 11 software includes over 190 video effects and 175 transitions —all fully customizable. Effects include: Film Effects, Chroma Key, Timecode Overlays, Media Generators, Credit Rolls, Text Effects and more. Use transitions such as: Clock Wipe, Dissolves, and Page Peels.
* Advanced 3D video compositing: Create compelling 3D video and text effects, with control over Z-depth, plane intersection, compositing, and more. 3D motion is real time and previewable via i.LINK® connector1/IEEE-1394 hardware to an external monitor.